Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Return

Well, I'm back.

In a fit of pique against the dominance of technology in my life, I obliterated the earlier version of this blog . . . though not before saving all of the entries for my own reference.

But then there would be a story in the news about some rank hypocrisy, an editorial about climate change ridden by particularly sloppy thinking, yet another damned screed by a belligerent, dogmatic atheist (or anti-atheist), and I'd think: I'd sure like to be able to write about that in my blog . . .

So, I'm back. I don't know that I'll be contributing to this thing very often, and I can't promise I won't recycle old entries from this blog's predecessor, but I will post occasionally.

In the mean time, I've been solidifying my sense of what it means to be a skeptic: I am doubtful of - and wary of - dogmatism in all its forms, in every area of public life. I generally favor thinking that is nuanced and modest, with due respect for ambiguity and uncertainty, perhaps especially when it concerns the most basic questions of what it is to be a human being in the world.

I will also post poll questions, from time to time, over here. --->

No comments: